Knee Bursitis Compensation

I have been working as a carpet fitter for the past five years and am looking for more information on pursuing knee bursitis compensation. I recently developed the condition and have asked by employer to fund my treatment but he has declined, saying he does not have the money. I feel somewhat indignant seeing as though I have never complained before. Am I eligible to pursue compensation?

You may be eligible to claim knee bursitis compensation providing you can prove that it was your employer’s negligence that led to you developing the condition in the first place. In order to do this you must be able to produce a medical report of your injuries – which requires a visit to the nearest hospital’s Accident and Emergency department. This will confirm should your employer not believe you, that you have in fact developed the condition. You must also be able to prove that it was their negligence that led to the injury developing. This can be difficult and will require you to prove through photographic and video evidence that the conditions in which you work are unsuitable. Statements from co-workers who have also developed the condition or are unhappy about the working conditions may be able to bolster your claim.

Knee bursitis, which happens when the fluid-filled sac lining the joints of the knee becomes inflamed due to a person being forced to remain on their knees for long periods of time, is known to affect workers in your profession and in other trades similar to it. While it is known to develop, there are laws that require an employer to take measures to prevent it from occurring. The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) says that employers must conduct risk assessments of employees’ working conditions and that they must take precautions where necessary. It is worth noting that the Act refers to both on and off-site work conducted by the likes of carpenters, plumbers, electricians and gardeners. If your employer has failed to comply with the Act, you may be eligible to seek knee bursitis compensation.

In order for your injury compensation claim to have the best chance of succeeding, you should contact a solicitor who specialises in personal injury claims at the first available opportunity. If you’re looking for more information on knee bursitis compensation, speak with a legal representative on our freephone injury claims advice service.